Scientific Studies and Clinical Observations – Summary
- Significant improvement in the hormone status in pregnant women with somatic disorders leading to a significant increase in the well-being of mother and child, compared to only minor improvement in the control group.
- In 67.7% of the reports an improvement in the parameters of the mental state was recorded in the intervals between epileptic attacks. They were undefined in 23.5% of the reports and in 8.8% they worsened. In the control group the parameters improved in 36.4% of the reports, in 31.8% they were undefined and in 31.8% they worsened.
- In epileptic patients the following parameters showed the most improvement: asthenic and paranoid traits, hypochondria, aggressiveness, depression and the general degree of the illness.
- In 90% of the applications the epilepsy sufferers experienced as a result of the MRT Music®: a calming effect, dispersion of tension, a raising of the spirits, a reduction in frequent mood-swings, reduced violent outbursts of temper, reduced touchiness, a general improvement in the state of their health.
- Dispersion of mental manifestations of stress: due to the deep harmonization, it was possible to completely abstain from using tranquilizers in the treatment of children suffering from radiation sickness with hearing abnormalities.
The children liked the treatment with MRT-Music® very much, for them it was a great subjective and calming experience, especially for the age group 13-14 years. Due to MRT-Music® we did not need to use tranquilizers during the treatment for most of the children.
- Dispersion of mental manifestations of stress in patients with multiple sclerosis, characterized by two processes:
firstly the effective reappraisal of previously undigested experiences, secondly an unusually deep experience of harmonic values such as trust, security, love, gratitude, inner peace, hope, confidence, freedom from worry, creativity, zest for life and happiness.
- Improvement of the general mental state in women with a mild gestosis (OPH-syndrome): For 7-10 days 13 women listened to the Medical Resonance Therapy Music® in the morning and after lunch and had no other therapy during these days. In 10 of the 13 women (77%) the treatment with the music caused a clear improvement of the mental state.
- Reducing irritability and improving composure in children with diabetes: In addition to the conventional treatment with diet and insulin preparations the 30 children in this group listened to Medical Resonance Therapy Music® for ten days, each day in the resting hour between 13 and 14 hours using headphones and compact disc. 80% of them experienced in this way a significant reduction of their irritability and showed greater composure.
- Normalisation of mental functions after uterine fibromyom surgery: By the treatment with the Medical Resonance Therapy Music® within the context of the complex therapy great changes in the mental profile took place – in 77,8% of the factors a complete normalization established – in 11,1% of the factors a significant improvement became evident – in 11,1% of the factors a deterioration occurred. The common average profile after the treatment with the Medical Resonance Therapy Music® did not surpass 50-55 t-points, indicating a complete normalization of the mental functions in this group on average.
- Improvement in the hormone status in pregnant women with somatic disorders: increase in the placentalactogen content from 217.5 nmol/l to 274.9 nmol/l and of the estriol level from 80.0 ƒÊ mol/24 hours to 103.3 ƒÊ mol/24 hours, leading to an improvement in the well-being of the mother and child.
- Improvement of restless and melancholy emotional states in pregnant women under threat of miscarriage in the first trimester of pregnancy: Evaluating the MMPI a healing effect of the MRT-Music® could be documented in 14 out of 15 pregnant women. The improvement in the mood and the general state stood at 87% of the reports. At the end of the treatment with the MRT-Music® the mental state of 69,2% of the women was normal again; there was no incidence of a deterioration in the mental state.
The results of the control group: in 40% a complete normalization, in 40% a further aggravation of the state.
- Improvement of the mental state / self-judgment of the success of the epilepsy treatment: The application of the Medical Resonance Therapy Music® Group were considered by the patients in 90% of the treatments as successful, in 6,7% of the treatments as undefined and in 3,3% as negative.
- Reduction of mental manifestations of stress: reduction of the emotional stress in pregnant women with somatic disorders by 47%, compared to no reduction of stress in the control group.
- Release of psycho-physiological manifestations of stress in older patients with atherosclerotic encephalopathy: The patients experienced very often a deep muscular relaxation combined with a sensation of warmth and with ease and sleepiness. Furthermore the symptoms “bad mood”, “lethargy”, “tension” and “touchiness” were significantly reduced or even completely released. Over and over again they reported of a release of stress, of the acquisition of distance from unpleasant things, the experience of gentleness, inner peace, a kind of freedom from care and a spiritual state of mind.
- Improvement of the psychosomatic state of children suffering from radiation sickness: prior to the treatment 59.1% of the children displayed great personal unrest, they felt great strain and had grave worries about the possibility of an unsuccessful outcome of the treatment of their illnesses.
Likely complications and side-effects arising from the various forms of treatment produced nervous reactions in them.
After the treatment a significant dispersion of tension, a great reduction in fear about the possibility of an unsuccessful outcome of the treatment of the illness, the decrease in worry and inhibitions and the decrease in nervous reactions was evident in all children.
The percentage of children experiencing a high level of personal unrest fell from 59.1% to 22.7%.
- Reinforcement of positive values in children suffering from radiation sickness: all of the children experienced a significant reduction or dispersion of their fears and worries and a significant fall in the level of personal unrest.
In 40% of them the effects went far beyond the reduction of the negative characteristics.
The evaluations showed above all: a growing feeling of joy, growing satisfaction and inner well-being, a deep feeling of restfulness after listening to the music and an increase in their creative powers. It was obvious how, through the calming and stress-dispersing influence of the music, through its reducing of the anxieties and worries and especially through the deep experience of positive values, the course of the somatic illness also became better.
- Improved mental state in women after vacuum aspiration: After the treatment complete normalization of the mental functions was re-established again in 22,2% of the women, in 44,4% a clear improvement could be documented, no change took place in 11,1% and 22,3% of the women experienced a certain degeneration.
- Reducing anxiety during labor in women with an initial inactivity of uterine contractility: The treatment with the Medical Resonance Therapy Music® resulted in a significant change of the hormonal situation: the beta-endorphin value dropped by 6.05 units and also ACTH showed a tendency to decrease – the hyperproductive hormone system was calmed and a more balanced state established.
- Stimulation of imagination in older people with atherosclerotic encephalopathy: Many of the patients reported of an intensive stimulation of their imagination and experienced during listening to the music for in-stance “a forest”, “a lake”, “flowing water”, “sun light” and many other experiences.
- Improvement of the mental state in the intervals in between epileptic seizures: changes in the interparoxysmal state were documented in 67,7% of the patients of this group as positive, in 23,5% as undefined and in 8,8% as negative. In the control group the parameters improved in 36.4% of the reports, in 31.8% they were undefined and in 31.8% they worsened.