Scientific Studies and Clinical Observations – Summary
Exposure to Radioactivity
- Dispersion of mental manifestations of stress: due to the deep harmonization, it was possible to completely abstain from using tranquilizers in the treatment of children suffering from radiation sickness with hearing abnormalities.
The children liked the treatment with MRT-Music® very much, for them it was a great subjective and calming experience, especially for the age group 13-14 years. Due to MRT-Music® we did not need to use tranquilizers during the treatment for most of the children.
- Improvement in function of the infantile hearing organ in children suffering from radiation sickness with hearing abnormalities: reduction of the negative pressure by 10-15 mm in 57% of the children with tubal disorder and significant improvement of the sound-transmission capability – an indirect sign of a better functioning of the hearing organ; in 5% of the children with conductive deafness a reduction of the bone-air interval of 10-15 dB; in one child exsudative atrophy in the tympanum.
Audiograms and impedancometry documented a clear improvement in sound-transmission capability, which was subjectively confirmed by the children.
- Stimulation of insufficient beta-endorphin values in patients suffering from severe radiation sickness: hormone production was increasingly stimulated in each musical treatment and during the tenth application of the music the level of this hormone rose by 60% to reach its normal level.
- Improved immune status in children with hearing abnormalities and suffering from radiation sickness: Two weeks after the treatment the immunogram of 25% of the patients was normal. Normalization regarded the AMG-factor, cellular immunity and the t- and b-lymphocytes. In the rest of the patients immune status improved clearly.
- Activation of anti-oxidising processes in patients with severe radiation sickness and autonomic neural cerebrovascular disorders: Regression of spontaneous chemo-luminosity and malonic aldehyt levels in blood by 70% with a simultaneous rise in the erythroid resistance to peroxide of 52% and a harmonization of the amplitudinal characteristics of the electrical potentials of the skin. These parameters mark an effective reduction of stress.
- Reducing sleep disorders in patients suffering from severe radiation disease with autonomic neural cerebrovascular disorders: Sleep disorders reduced dramatically: were the frequency of sleep disturbances on average by 95% before the treatment it reduced down to 17% after 10 days of treatment.
- Reduction in the frequency of headaches in patients suffering from severe radiation sickness: prior to the treatment the frequency of headaches stood at an average of 95%, after 10 days’ application this had fallen to an average of 12%.
- Improvement of the psychosomatic state of children suffering from radiation sickness: prior to the treatment 59.1% of the children displayed great personal unrest, they felt great strain and had grave worries about the possibility of an unsuccessful outcome of the treatment of their illnesses.
Likely complications and side-effects arising from the various forms of treatment produced nervous reactions in them.
After the treatment a significant dispersion of tension, a great reduction in fear about the possibility of an unsuccessful outcome of the treatment of the illness, the decrease in worry and inhibitions and the decrease in nervous reactions was evident in all children.
The percentage of children experiencing a high level of personal unrest fell from 59.1% to 22.7%.
- Reinforcement of positive values in children suffering from radiation sickness: all of the children experienced a significant reduction or dispersion of their fears and worries and a significant fall in the level of personal unrest.
In 40% of them the effects went far beyond the reduction of the negative characteristics.
The evaluations showed above all: a growing feeling of joy, growing satisfaction and inner well-being, a deep feeling of restfulness after listening to the music and an increase in their creative powers. It was obvious how, through the calming and stress-dispersing influence of the music, through its reducing of the anxieties and worries and especially through the deep experience of positive values, the course of the somatic illness also became better.
- Improvement in functions of the infantile hearing organ in 57% of a group of children suffering from radiation sickness with hearing abnormalities.